Sunday, July 4, 2010

GORDON WOODS EGG

Finished at last.
I took it on its maiden voyage on Saturday.
The waves were a little inconsistent
but when they came threw they were good
3' to 4' local point.
Here are some initial observations.
Very loose. I could tell it was going to bee loose when paddling out.
Very skatey when when going slow.
As soon as the wave walled up and the board gained some speed
it was like riding another board.
Still loose, but it tracked more and went where I wanted it to.
Bare in mind it is early days yet, but it feels like it is going to be a regular ride.
I found my self in places on the wave rarely visited.


2 comments:

Nathan Oldfield said...

Shweet. I'd love to have a go at the point sometime Dave.

PLATTY said...

Your are more than welcome to have a surf on it Nathan. I'm thinking of getting the Bennett off the wall and waxing it up too. I didn't surf it pre resto. I'm keen to compare the two boards. Being that they are from the same era.