Shaped by McTavish.
Saturday, December 26, 2009
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Friday, December 11, 2009
Monday, December 7, 2009
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Well you can get some idea how long the board is.
It is resting on the barge board not the cladding.
I was hoping to get it in the water today.
The swell is on the rise and at 3' at my
local on a mid tide I thought it may be a bit big
for the maiden voyage.
Sunday, October 11, 2009
This board has gone through a few changes over the last couple of years.
The first was adding some extra kick in the tail.
This was to try and slow it down and make it noseride better.
Problem was it slowed it down to much.
So the board got shelved.
The next change had the tail cut off
and the square tail was replaced with a bell pin.
This worked well, but it was still too fast.
Time for some major surgery.
I've been keen on section connectors for a while now.
But not willing to fork out the cash to build one from scratch.
So why not cut up the guinea pig.
This board was 9'6"
When finished it will measure in at 11'6"
It was cut in half at the wide point.
Then the two halves were clamped into the jig I use for repairing snaps.
The rocker was adjusted as best I could.
Normally this jig and the bottom are facing up not down.
So the rocker is quite easy to set by pulling down on one end of the jig.
I needed the jig on the bottom to support the blocks of foam.
Shaped and ready for some glass.
The rocker is pretty good.
The plan shape needs a little tweeking.
Nothing a little bog and fairing can't fix.
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Ready for some glass.
All the dings and stressies have been sanded out.
This board is going to be kept as original as possible.
None of the dings are going to be hidden.
Every ding and stressie has a story.
Why hide them.
It all adds to the character of the board.
Monday, October 5, 2009
Have you ever noticed
when travelling at speed along a bush lined road.
If you look into the bush,
the further in you look, the less blured it is.
Recentlly there was a hazard reduction burn
through this section of bush.
So I tried to capture this with
my point and shoot camera.
Sort of worked.
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Friday, October 2, 2009
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Friday, September 25, 2009
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Monday, September 21, 2009
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Saturday, September 5, 2009
Could hear a quiet rustling under me.
I thought it was the skinks running over the fallen leaves.
As I got up to check the board I turned around to see
this 1.5 metre Diamond Python basking in the sun
not a metre from me.
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Friday, August 28, 2009
Monday, August 24, 2009
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
would be better than the original fin.
this is what we came up with. Every photo showed a
slightly different shaped fin. Found some old plans
and went with the design on the plans.
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Saturday, August 8, 2009
wasarescueboard 2 project.
It is a bit hard to tell the shape at this stage.
But I will add photos as it progresses.
Basically it is a curved trailing edge d-fin.
It has a 4mm glass core.
With 8mm Queensland maple
and balsa glued on each side.