Monday, April 25, 2011

WASARESCUEBOARD 3 UPDATE

Finished shaping.
It is hard to see the subtle s deck
so I played around in photoshop
and came up with this.

As you can see from previous posts 
my workshop is not setup for shaping.
All my walls are white for maximin brightness.
No side lights.

So I hang black plastic for some contrast.
If you think that stringer is bent,
you would be right.
This was the result of the original glue up
on the log this blank came from.
The 1" stringer is end grain balsa with the grain
running across the board.
It was only added to the original blank for some extra width.
So when the blank was glued up there was not enough
longitudinal strength in the balsa to pull the bend out of the bent 
half of the blank. 

Now all I need is the rain to stop so I can get glassing.

No comments: